City facilities, including City Hall, the Chico Police Department, and the Parks & Public Works Office are open to the public BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
This allows commerce to continue to occur, but also implements social distancing, as the meetings are staggered. This effort allows the City to help mitigate the potential spread of COVID-19 from person-to-person.
Departments can be contacted to schedule appointments at the following numbers:
- Airport Access/ General HR & Risk Management – (530) 879-7900
- Building – (530) 879-6700
- City Clerk – (530) 896-7250
- Code Enforcement – CITIZENS’ “REPORT A VIOLATION” HOTLINE (530) 879-6330 also email@example.com
- Engineering – (530) 879-6900
- Finance – (530) 879-7320
- Fire – (530) 897-3400
- Operations & Maintenance/Parks – (530) 896-7800
- Planning & Housing – (530) 879-6800
- Police – (530) 897-4900 (NON-EMERGENCY LINE)
- Report Hazards in the Right-of-Way/Requests for Service - (530) 894-4200
- Other general inquiries – (530) 896-7200
The following can be done online:
- Animal Licenses, Business Licenses, Bicycle Licensing and Registration
- Information regarding paying for or contesting a Parking Violation
- Alarm registration & penalty payments
- Information about paying Transient Occupancy Tax for Short Term Rentals
- Chico Police Department online reporting system
- Online permitting services including Encroachment Permits (and related construction inspections), Sanitary Sewer Applications and Transportation Oversize Permits
- Municipal Parking Lot and Residential Parking Permits
Appointments for in-person transactions in the categories listed above can be made by calling 530-879-7320.
All City parks are open at this time, but please consult the Chico Area Recreation & Parks District (CARD) website for program cancellations.