On Tuesday, November 7, 2023, at about 9:20 p.m. the Chico Police Dispatch Center received reports of numerous gunshots being fired in the 2400 block of Cactus Ave, Chico. The suspect fired a handgun toward an occupied residence, striking the victim’s vehicle multiple times. The suspect was identified as Zachary Lloyd Kalso (38 years).
A multijurisdictional BOLO was issued for Kalso and his vehicle. Members of the California Highway Patrol and the Glenn County Sheriff’s Office located Kalso driving the suspect vehicle in Glenn County. Kalso was arrested and found to be in possession of a loaded firearm.
Kalso is a convicted felon and was transported back to Butte County where he was booked in at the Butte County Jail on alleged violations of the following criminal charges:
- 245(a)(2) PC: Assault with a Deadly Weapon (Firearm)
- 245(b) PC: Assault with a Semiautomatic Firearm
- 246 PC: Reckless Discharge of a Firearm
- 29800(1)(1) PC: Felon in Possession of a Firearm
- 26100© PC: Discharge Firearm from a Motor Vehicle
- 30305(a)(1) PC: Felon in Possession of Ammunition
Location: 2400 Block of Cactus Ave, Chico
Suspect: Zachary Lloyd Kalso (38 years)
Supervisor: Sgt. Bailey
Lieutenant: Lt. Love