Sewer & Storm Drains
How to connect to City sewer, sewer maps, drain fees, and more.
- NEW! Log in to eTrakit for sewer application and encroachment permits
Butte County Required Permit - Butte County’s Declaration of Septic Tank Destruction must first be completed before applying for a plumbing permit for sewer connection.
The Declaration can be found on the Butte County Public Health Wastewater Program website here http://www.buttecounty.net/ph/Environmental-Health/LandUse_Wastewater/WastewaterProgram
Sewer Connection Resources:
- How to Connect to City Sewer
- Petition for Assessment Installments In-Lieu of Sewer System Connection Fees
- City of Chico Sanitary Sewer 2013 Master Plan Report
Sewer Connection Assistance Program for Low-Income Homeowners:
- Programa de Asistencia de Coneccion del Alcantarillado
- Sewer Connection Assistance Program - English
- Am I in a Nitrate Compliance Area?
- Butte County Nitrate Compliance Document Library
Sewer & Storm Drain Fees (links directly to City fee schedules)
- For Storm Drain Fees (50.020)
- For Sewer Connection and Monthly Fees (50.050)
- For Lift Station Fees (50.060)