SCHEDULE AN INSPECTION
Click here to SCHEDULE AN INSPECTION
Schedule your inspection online.
First time user of Online Permit Services?
PUBLIC: Click Here to register for a free account.
CONTRACTORS APPLYING FOR THE FIRST TIME:
- Contractors and designers must call (530) 879-6700 to be set up in TRAKiT.
- You must have your valid City of Chico business license number and
- Your California’s State Contractor’s License Number.
- Please read permit work description above, for important information needed for a permit.
On-Line Inspection Requests
Please read the following before scheduling an inspection:
- One must “LINK” to your permits in order to schedule inspections. Click on Dashboard and select LINK TO PERMITS OR PROJECTS.
- Please ensure someone over the age of 18 is on site for your inspection, along with any tools, ladders, or documents, including plans or a smoke detector/carbon monoxide affidavit (if required). You may submit the affidavit via email, FAX (530) 895-4726 or by mailing the affidavit to: City of Chico Building Division; PO Box 3420; Chico, CA 95927.
- When requesting your inspection, you must choose morning or
afternoon. Rough estimates of times are as follows:
AM – 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
PM – 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Inspections can be requested up until midnight for the following business day if appointments are available, if the inspector schedule is filled you may select the next available appointment.
- Please be on site for the time period requested. Inspectors will not call to set up a specific inspection time or call to meet you, and missed inspections will need to be rescheduled.
- After scheduling your inspection, you will see an onscreen confirmation message. You will not receive a confirmation email.
- Please contact the Building Division at (530) 879-6700 for questions or issues. If you are unable to utilize the online inspection request system, please call the Building Division. Requests made via phone are not guaranteed for next day.