The Butte County portion of the Sacramento River is depicted on the wall and additional Mechoopda basket mosaics are installed in the sidewalks of the bus turn outs in front of Pleasant Valley High School. Artists Indar and Derr worked with Pleasant Valley High School art students to fabricate seventeen mosaics depicting native fish installed in the sidewalk at the base of the wall.
- Lead Artist: Meridith L. Timpson
- Artists for Native Fish Mosaics: Robin Indar and Christen Derr
- Year completed: 2005
- Dimensions: 200′ long by 8
- Media: Mosaic tile, glass block and hand blown glass panels
- Location: Marigold Elementary School facing East Avenue
- Funding Source: East Avenue Reconstruction Project construction budget and private donations
- Selection Process: Lead artist was selected by invitation. Native fish artists were selected by Sacramento River Preservation Trust.