Curbside recycling is easy and convenient. Recycling service is available to Chico residents as a part of your regular trash collection service provided by North Valley Waste Management.
All of your recyclables can be placed in the bins without sorting. Large cardboard pieces may be bundled and placed next to the bin and additional recycling containers are available by request. The recycling container is collected weekly on the same day that your trash is collected. On collection day, just place your recycling container on the curb for collection.
For more information on how to prepare your recyclables, contact
- North Valley Waste Management at (530) 893-4777, or at their website at north valley waste management.
Curbside yard waste recycling is also available for an additional monthly fee. Contact your trash service provider or click below for more information regarding the yard waste recycling program. Curb Yard Waste Recycling
What To Recycle
- Metals: Aluminum, tin, & bimetal food and beverage cans. Please lightly rinse tin cans. Labels do not need to be removed.
- Paper: All mixed paper, newspaper, magazines, telephone books, and cardboard. Please remove any plastic wrap or inserts from cardboard. Coupons or advertising inserts within newspapers are okay.
- Glass: All glass food and beverage containers. Rinse food containers. Labels do not need to be removed.
- Plastic: All rigid plastic containers with the recycling symbol and the numbers 1 through 7, excluding plastic bags and polystyrene (styrofoam).
What NOT to Recycle
- Foil, aerosol cans, pots, pans or scrap metal.
- Wax-coated boxes, such as milk cartons, and food contaminated paper or cardboard.
- Window glass, light bulbs, mirrors, ceramics, and other dishware.
- Plastic bags, toys, or furniture or styrofoam.
- Diapers and other household trash.
Click here for a copy of the Curbside Recycling Brochure for more information on how to recycle through this program.
For more information
City of Chico
Valley Waste Management