CITY OF CHICO/CIUDAD DE CHICO
ANNUAL PLANNING FOR THE USE OF 2024-25 FEDERAL HOUSING AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT FUNDS (CDBG AND HOME)
The City of Chico is seeking public participation in the development of the City’s 2024-25 Annual Plan for the use of federal housing and community development funds. The Annual Plan sets forth the City’s plans for the expenditure of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and Home Investment Partnerships (HOME) program funds that will be awarded to the City by the federal department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
The City of Chico is entitled to receive an annual award of these funds in an amount determined by the federal government. The City has not yet received any estimates from HUD regarding its 2024-25 awards.
The planned use of CDBG and HOME funds is described in the City of Chico’s adopted 2020 – 2024 Consolidated Plan. Each year, the City must adopt an Annual Plan to implement the goals of the Consolidated Plan in the coming year. The Annual Plan also serves as the City’s annual application to the federal government for CDBG & HOME funds. The 2024-25 Annual Plan will cover the period from July 2024 through June 2025.
In the past, the City has used CDBG and HOME funds for public improvements, public facilities, public services, housing rehabilitation, property acquisition, rental assistance, relocation, economic development, administration, rental housing construction, rental assistance and mortgage subsidy.
There will be several opportunities for the public to participate in planning for the use of these funds:
- November 13, 2023 - Notice of Annual Plan Planning Process posted on website – Posted on website in English and Spanish
- December 13, 2023 – Community Workshop, 5:30 p.m. location: Council Conference Room 1, 421 Main Street
- January 2, 2024 – CDBG Public Service Applications available
- January 11, 2024 – CDBG Public Service Application Workshop, 10 a.m., location: Council Chamber, 421 Main Street (attendance strongly recommended)
- February 29, 2024 – City’s Citizen Advisory Committee, 3:00 p.m. location: Council Conference Room 1, 421 Main Street – CDBG Public Service grant applicants will present their requests.
- March 14, 2024 – City’s Citizen Advisory Committee – 5:30 p.m., location Council Conference Room 1, 421 Main Street – CDBG Public Service funding recommendations will be made to include in the draft AAP.
- March 16, 2024 – Public Hearing Notice on Draft Annual Action Plan published (15-day noticing)
- April 2 – May 7, 2024 – 30-Day Public Comment Period on Draft Annual Action Plan
- April 2, 2024 – Council Public Hearing on Draft Annual Action Plan, 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers
May 7, 2024* – City Council Public Hearing on the FINAL Annual Action Plan, 6:00 p.m. Council Chambers
- Receive public testimony on final Annual Action Plan
- Final Annual Action Plan approved for submission to HUD
- May 15, 2024 – Staff to submit Annual Action Plan to HUD
All meeting times and places are subject to change. Please check the City’s Housing page https://chico.ca.us/housing-division or call the Housing Office at (530) 879-6300 for additional information.
After adoption by the City Council, the City will submit the Annual Plan to HUD. HUD will review the Annual Plan for consistency with program requirements and with the 2020-2024 Consolidated Plan.
All interested persons are encouraged to attend the scheduled committee meetings and public hearings. All public comments received will be considered for incorporation into the draft Annual Plan document. To be considered, written comments should be submitted no later than the end of the 30-day comment period. Persons interested in attending the hearings who require interpretive assistance (for example, the hearing impaired or non-English speaking), or other accommodation, should notify the City at least 3 working days prior to the meeting to make the appropriate arrangements. For TDD users please call the California Relay Service TDD Access Number (866) 660-4288. All written comments must be submitted to:
City of Chico 2024-25 Annual Plan (CDBG &
Community Development Department/Housing
411 Main Street
P.O. Box 3420
Chico, California 95927
Or via email at: email@example.com