On Wednesday, November 8, 2023, at about 6:25 p.m. the Chico Police Dispatch Center received a call for service regarding a suspect allegedly walking through the Chico Mall parking lot carrying a pistol in his hand.
Officers arrived on scene within two minutes and located a subject roughly matching the suspect description walking toward the entrance of a busy restaurant. Officers intercepted the subject, identified as Anthony Ryan Jones (34 years) prior to his entrance into the business.
Jones was found to be on Parole and in possession of an unregistered loaded pistol. Jones was arrested and transported to the Butte County Jail for alleged violations for the following criminal Penal Code sections:
- PC 3056; Parole Violation
- PC 29800(a)(1); Felon in Possession of a Firearm
- PC 30305(a)(1); Felon in Possession of Ammunition
- PC 25850(c)(1); Carry Loaded Firearm with Prior Felony Conviction
- PC 25850(c)(6); Carry Loaded Unregistered Handgun
- PC 25400; Carrying a Concealed Firearm
Location: 1900 Block of E. 20th Street, Chico
Suspect: Anthony Ryan Jones (34 years)
Victim: State of California
Supervisor: Sgt. Bailey
Lieutenant: Lt. Love