Closure of Initial Applications was on July 16, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
Pursuant to City Council direction the cannabis application process was reopened and ran for a 45-day period from June 2 through July 16, 2021. Commercial retail applications will no longer be accepted. All applicants were required to do the following:
1) Review the information regarding the application process and which documents you will need.
2) Review your application in its entirety to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
3) Review the information regarding the Cannabis Business Permit application on the City webpage listed on page one.
Applicants will submit their application, the application fee, and the zoning verification fee together to the Community Development Department. Ensure you have both a USB drive with the complete application package as well as a hardcopy of the required documents (single sided preferred). The provisional background, and background fee payment, will be done online through an online portal as provided in the Application Procedures & Guidelines for each permit type.
After submission and payment of fees, zoning verification will occur first, and if the result disqualifies the location, the City will return the application as disqualified and refund the application fee minus the zoning verification and refund processing fees. It is the applicant’s responsibility to review any material provided on this site for what areas are allowable and to conduct due diligence to identify any sensitive use that may exist prior to submitting an application. City staff will add the Zoning Verification Letter to your application.
The related Commercial Cannabis Fees are as follows (per City Council action on 12/8/2020, fees are pending review):
- Cannabis – Storefront Retail Application Fee: $10,803 per application
- Cannabis – All Other Business Types Application Fee: $8,756 per application
- Cannabis Zoning Verification Letter Fee: $156 per location
- Cannabis Provisional Background Fee (Initial): $300 per individual
- LiveScan Fee (for successful applications): $73 per individual
- Cannabis Application Appeal Fee: $4,328 per appeal- Appeal forms are attached under “Related Links”.
To apply for a Commercial Cannabis Permit, complete and submit the required documents and information provided in the Application Procedures & Guidelines for a Cannabis Business Permit.
- Retail Store Front only or
- All Other Types (Distribution, Manufacturing, Non-Storefront Retail, and Testing Labs). Per Council direction on June 1, 2021, only Retail Store Front applications are being accepted at this time.
Changes to Application Documents: Due to the complexity and newness of the Commercial Cannabis Program, the City reserves the right to make changes to these documents to clarify, correct, or expand upon information that has been brought to the attention of the City. As such, the City will provide information to highlight any changes made which may or may not impact applicants’ submissions. In the case a change is made which impacts an already submitted application, the City will allow the applicant to revise the submitted application to address the specific change made.
September 1, 2021, Commercial Cannabis Application Update
The City of Chico has completed initial review and zoning verification of applications received for Commercial Retail Dispensaries. The following applicants successfully completed Phase 1 and will move to Phase 2A:
Chico 580 LLC 580 East 10th Ave
Blaze 1 Chico LLC 1414 Park Ave
CCB Enterprises Zanella Way/Benetar Way
Chico Cannabis Collective 175 E 20th St, Ste 200
Chico Community Project LLC 2560 Norte Dame Blvd
Chico Erudite Ventures 1725 Esplanade
Chico Flagship LLC 1408 Park Ave
Chico’s Best LLC 1441 Park Ave
Community Veterans of Chico LLC 813 Nord Ave
High Lakes 1141 Forest Ave. Ste 40
HPC of Chico LLC 2300 Esplanade
MOM CH LLC 737 Nord Ave
Monarch Assets Inc 2424 Park Ave
Nebrina Chico LLC 1625 Mangrove Ave
NSD Zanella Inc 2500 Zanella Way
Perfect Union Chico LLC 587 Country Dr
Respnsible & Compliant Retail Chico 185 Cohasset Rd
Sheco LLC 2336 Park Ave
Sweet Flower Chico LLC 1998 Alcott Ave
TAT Chico LLC 424 Nord Ave
TMG Chico LLC 00 Norte Dame Blvd, Pad B
Urban Gardens Therapy Chico 641 Nord Ave
Village Green LLC 1031 Nord Ave