Team Chico brings key partners together including the Chico Chamber of Commerce, Downtown Chico Business Association, Alliance for Workforce Development, 3CORE, CSU Chico, Butte College, and others.
Starting in 2020, there are two significant multi-year initiatives to support long-term economic growth of Chico and the region. They included:
- Supporting Tourism Initiative – Leveraging Bidwell Park and other strategic assets (i.e. Downtown, university property, entertainment and recreational venues, etc.) to support place-based development, drive tourism, and increase business investment into the Chico community region.
- Supporting Ag Tech Initiative – Leveraging the regions high quality education and ag resources to foster innovative ag tech business recruitment, development, and innovation.
In addition to multi-year initiatives, there are a number of other activities our Team Chico will undertake to support local businesses and industries.
- Business Awareness and Response Program – Establish a business awareness and response program using data analytics to monitor, respond, and assist businesses in growth and success.
- Service and Resource Guide – Develop a business service and resource guide for local businesses.
- Business Summit – Coordinate an annual State of the City Business Summit focused on local business and industry.
- Chico Industry Assessment – Develop an industry assessment identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats within Chico and the region updated regularly.
- Business Engagement – Convene regular key business and industry leader strategy meetings to share on the ground information of the local economy, identify effective business support avenues, and facilitate opportunities to best assist business.
- Other Activities – other economic development activities as mutually determined.