Using one hundred years of flying activity at the airport site as
their inspiration, the artist team designed the sidewalk to be
constructed as part of an airport parking lot expansion
Note: The brass centerpiece of the compass depicts the symbol for the Chico airport used by pilots.
- Artists: Susan Larsen and Patrick Collentine, Chico, CA
- Landscape Architect: Land Image, Chico, CA
- Date: 2001
- Dimensions: 9′ X 296′
- Media: Concrete, Bronze
- Location: Chico Municipal Airport
- Funding Source: RDA Art Fund
- Selection Process: Invitation.