Frequently Asked Questions


Public Hours

  • The Records Department is open Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.. 
  • Property and Evidence is open Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m., by appointment only

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I schedule an appointment for LiveScan Fingerprinting?

Contact Records at (530) 897-4910. Appointments are every 15 minutes on Tuesday 8:15-10:15AM, Wednesday 8:15-10:15AM and 12:30-2:15PM, and Thursday 12:30-2:15 PM.‚Äč  Live Scan Details

How do I report an abandoned vehicle?

For abandoned trailers, boats, or motor homes, contact Code Enforcement at (530) 879-6330. For other vehicles, contact Records during Public Hours at (530) 897-4910. After hours, contact Dispatch at the non-emergency number (530) 897-4912.

How do I request/obtain a restraining order?

Contact Butte County Superior Court at (530) 532-7002.

Where can I drop off my old medication and needles?

Contact Butte County Health Department at (530) 891-2945 or Butte Regional Household Hazardous Waste Facility 1101 Marauder St or Walgreens (for Medication Only) at 1042 Nord Ave (530) 566-1358.

Where can I turn in my firearms for destruction?

Contact Dispatch at the non-emergency number (530) 897-4912.

How do I get my towed/impounded/stored vehicle released?

Contact Records Monday-Thursday 8AM-4PM at (530) 897-4910. Towed Vehicle Details

How can I get a copy of an Accident Report?

To get a copy of your accident report you will need to know: 1) the date the accident occurred, and 2) the last name and drivers license# of the involved party. Contact Records during the public hours posted above. There is $4.50 cost for a paper copy of the report.  You may request via e-mail to

How can I get Public Records?

Upon receipt of a records request, the Records Section will prepare the copy within 10 days, or notify you of a delay. The fees for reports vary based on the quantity of reports requested and the type of information.  Arrest reports are not subject to release via the Public Records Act.  You may request via e-mail to Records Request Form 

What are some common fees?

Incident Report Starts at $4.50
Visa Clearance Letters $14.50
Local Records Review $28.50
Digital Photos, Videos, Audio (911) $30/disc
Statistics (price varies) $4.50 or $32.00

Log in