The term “encroachment” shall mean any construction work performed within a public right-of-way or public service easement.
The term “public right-of-way” shall mean any city street, sidewalk, pedestrian path, bike path or any other “public way,” as that term is defined in the California Streets and Highways Code.
FOR MORE INFORMATION SEE CHAPTER 14.08 ENCROACHMENT AND EXCAVATION PERMITS OF THE CITY OF CHICO CODE OF ORDINANCES
Any questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a ten working-day minimum processing time on all applications.
- Traffic Control Plan
- Site Plan
- Liability Insurance
- Encroachment Permit Bond (if applicable)
- City of Chico Business License number
- Storm Water Management & Erosion Sediment Control Plan Information
- CA Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (CA MUTCD)
- City of Chico Insurance Requirements
- City of Chico Business License, or in person at City of Chico, Finance Office, 411 Main Street, 1st Floor, (530) 879-7320, M-Th 8:30-4:30
How to Apply for a Permit
1. Submit an Encroachment Permit Application online at: https://chic-trk.aspgov.com/etrakit/
- Contractor and Registered Design Professional accounts set up a dashboard to better maintain all permits and projects.
- For those contractors already doing business the City of Chico, please select Contractor from the drop-down menu, enter your state license number and click Forgot Password. You will be prompted to set your password.
- If you are not registered with the City of Chico, please call us at (530) 879-6700.
2. Select Apply / New Permit.
3. Upload the site plan and traffic control plan
4. Follow the additional eTRAKiT prompts to complete the application process.