The term “encroachment” shall mean any construction work performed within a public right-of-way or public service easement.
The term “public right-of-way” shall mean any city street, sidewalk, pedestrian path, bike path or any other “public way,” as that term is defined in the California Streets and Highways Code.
FOR MORE INFORMATION SEE CHAPTER 14.08 ENCROACHMENT AND EXCAVATION PERMITS OF THE CITY OF CHICO CODE OF ORDINANCES
Any questions please email: email@example.com
We recommend submitting permits five (5) business days prior to permit issues date to allow for adequate review.
- Traffic Control Plan
- Site Plan
- Liability Insurance
- Encroachment Permit Bond (if applicable)
- City of Chico Business License number
- For information regarding traffic control, please see https://www.sce.com/sites/default/files/inline-files/tcm.pdf
- For information regarding the CA Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (CA MUTCD), please see https://dot.ca.gov/-/media/dot-media/programs/safety-programs/documents/ca-mutcd/rev-5/camutcd2014-rev5-a11y.pdf
- For information regarding insurance requirements, please see https://www.chico.ca.us/sites/main/files/file-attachments/cityofchicoinsurancerequirements2018.pdf?1577491224
- Business licenses can be obtained online at: https://www.citizenserve.com/Portal/PortalController?Action=showHomePage&ctzPagePrefix=Portal_&installationID=190
- Or in person at City of Chico, Finance Office, 411 Main Street, 1st Floor, (530) 879-7320
How to apply for a permit
1. Submit an Encroachment Permit Application online at: https://chic-trk.aspgov.com/etrakit/
- Contractor and Registered Design Professional accounts set up a dashboard to better maintain all permits and projects.
- For those contractors already doing business the City of Chico, please select Contractor from the drop-down menu, enter your state license number and click Forgot Password. You will be prompted to set your password.
- If you are not registered with the City of Chico, please call us at (530) 879-6700.
2. Select Apply / New Permit.
a. Use Adobe Acrobat to fill out the editable application.
3. Upload the site plan and traffic control plan
4. Follow the additional eTRAKiT prompts to complete the application process.
5. To view status and print the issued permit see ‘How to View Permit Status & Issued Permit’.