- Heat Pumps Heating & Cooling System: A heat pump is a super-efficient, environmentally-friendly, single electric appliance that can replace both your traditional air conditioner and home heating system (like a furnace or boiler).
COMING SOON – TECH Clean California Incentive
- Heat Pump Water Heater: Similar to heat pumps for space heating, heat pump water heaters utilize electricity to produce hot water that will simultaneously reduce greenhouse gas emissions, utility bill costs, and lead to efficiency gains.
- Heat Pump Clothes Dryer: Replacing your fossil fuel compostable clothes dryer with heat pump technology can continue drying your clothes without warming the planet.
- Induction Stoves: Modern electric stoves are an upgrade to a kitchen that heat super-fast and can be accurately controlled without the threat of potential methane leaks as seen in gas stoves.
- Home Storage Battery: Battery storage systems lets you store energy from a power grid or rooftop solar panels to use at a later time.
- Solar System: Energy acquired through rooftop panels can generate clean, renewable energy providing zero-carbon, no-cost electricity once installed and paid for.
Electric Vehicles & Infrastructure
- Electric Vehicle Incentives:
- Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Incentives:
Mobility & Active Transportation
- Electric Bike Resources
- Active Transportation Plan (ATP)
Currently, the City of Chico is gathering data to adopt an Active Transportation Plan that will seek to establish a vision for improving walking and bicycling within Chico. To get involved, visit the City of Chico Active Transportation Plan webpage to view upcoming public events.
- Biking in Chico
The City of Chico encourages the use of bicycles for transportation, recreation and fitness. Explore the City of Chico’s Experience Chico by Bike webpage to learn more and start biking!
- Transportation Resources
Explore Butte Regional Transit to plan your next ride on the B-Line bus
The best technology cities have for achieving higher rates of carbon sequestration is through increasing the urban tree canopy by planting more trees and greenscaping. The City of Chico is devoted to reaching a carbon neutral future. Explore the current projects below.
The City has partnered with the Butte Environmental Council to assist in the three-year urban forest planting campaign to plant 700 trees. Butte Environmental Council in partnership with the City will be hosting community events each Spring and Fall to plant a variety of trees in the private corridors in the urban forest.
The Tree Committee for the City of Chico sits under the Bidwell Park & Playground Commission, to make decisions and govern over the urban forest & trees in Chico.
With the increase of greenhouse gas emissions from waste and overfilled landfills, it is important to reduce the amount of items sent to the landfill through reducing your waste, recycling right, and composting. Explore the links below to see how you can contribute to reducing organic waste in Chico!