The Annual Plan sets forth the City’s plans for the expenditure of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and Home Investment Partnerships (HOME) program funds that will be awarded to the City by the federal department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
The City of Chico is entitled to receive an annual award of these funds in an amount determined by the federal government. The City has not yet received any estimates from HUD regarding its 2021-22 awards.
The planned use of CDBG and HOME funds is described in the City of Chico’s adopted 2020 – 2024 Consolidated Plan. Each year, the City must adopt an annual Action Plan to implement the goals of the Consolidated Plan in the coming year. The Action Plan also serves as the City’s annual application to the federal government for CDBG & HOME funds. The 2021-22 Annual Plan will cover the period from July 2021 through June 2022.
In the past, the City has used CDBG and HOME funds for public improvements, public facilities, public services, housing rehabilitation, property acquisition, rental assistance, relocation, economic development, administration, rental housing construction, rental assistance and mortgage subsidy.
There will be several opportunities for the public to participate in planning for the use of these funds:
- Community Workshop – Thursday, January 7, 2021 at 12:00 Noon. This meeting will be held virtually and will provide general information on the CDBG and HOME programs.
- City’s Citizen Advisory Committee – Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 3:00 p.m., virtual meeting. CDBG Public Service grant applicants will present their requests.
- City’s Citizen Advisory Committee – Thursday, March 11, 2021 at 6:00 p.m., virtual meeting. CDBG Public Service proposals will be considered and specific funding recommendations will be made to be included in the draft Annual Plan.
- Public Hearing on the draft Annual Plan – Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 6:00 p.m., City Council Chambers. The City Council will consider the draft 2021-22 Annual Plan and receive public comment.
- Public comment period – April 15 through May 18, 2021. The public will be invited to review and comment on the draft Annual Plan.
- Public Hearing – Tuesday, May 18, 2021, at 6:00 p.m., City Council Chambers. The City Council will hold a public hearing to consider adopting the Annual Plan.
Meeting times and places are subject to change. Information for virtual meetings will be posted on the Housing webpage at least three days prior to the meeting. Please check the City’s Housing page or call the Housing Office at (530) 879-6300 for additional information.
After adoption by the City Council, the City will submit the Annual Plan to HUD. HUD will review the Annual Plan for consistency with program requirements and with the 2021-2022 Consolidated Plan.
All interested persons are encouraged to attend the scheduled committee meetings and public hearings. All public comments received will be considered for incorporation into the draft Annual Plan document. To be considered, written comments should be submitted no later than the end of the 30-day comment period.
Persons interested in attending the hearings who require interpretive assistance (for example, the hearing impaired or non-English speaking), or other accommodation, should notify the City at least 3 working days prior to the meeting to make the appropriate arrangements.
For TDD users, please call the California Relay Service TDD Access Number (866) 660-4288. All written comments must be submitted to:
City of Chico 2021-2022 Annual Plan (CDBG & HOME)
Community Development Department/Housing
P.O. Box 3420
Chico, California 95927
Or via email at: email@example.com