Donate your formal dress!
Have a few prom or special occassion dresses hanging in your closet? Donate them to those in need at:
Cinderella's Closet at CSU, Chico
Student Activities Office, BMU 213
For more information see Donatemydress.org.
City Contact Information
Solid Waste/Recycling Information, (530) 896-7220
Public Works Department
411 Main Street , 2nd Floor
P.O. Box 3420
Chico CA 92927
Phone: (530) 896-7241
Trash and recycling collection within the Chico city limits can only be provided by two companies, Recology Butte Colusa Counties, and North Valley Waste Management. For information regarding your collection service, please contact:
OTHER RELATED LINKS:
Solid Waste and Recycling
In 1989, Assembly Bill 939 was enacted to reduce the amount of waste dumped into landfills by 50 percent by the year 2000. In addition, California legislature requires cities and counties to remain diligent and resourceful in their efforts to maintain a 50% recycling rate and to further waste reduction efforts for the coming decade and century.
Mandatory Commercial Recycling
California state law (AB 341) mandates recycling for all businesses that generate four(4) or more cubic yards of solid waste per week and multifamily dwellings of five (5) units or more. The purposes of this new law is to reduce greenhouse gas(GHG) emissions by diverting commercial solid waste from landfills, and to expand recycling opportunities in California.
A business (including public entities) that generates four cubic yards, or more, of commercial solid waste per week, or is a multifamily residential dwelling of five (5) units or more, shall arrange for recycling services by July 1, 2012. Businesses can take one, or any combination of, the following in order to reduce, reuse, recycle, compost or otherwise divert solid waste from disposal:
- Self-haul recyclables to a recycling facility.
- Subscribe for recycling services from one of the two City permitted waste haulers, North Valley Waste Management or Recology Butte Colusa Counties.
- Arrange for the pickup of therecyclable materials by a non-profit or another entity, provided that there is no charge for this pickup service.
Click here for more information regarding the Mandatory Commercial Recycling requirements.
Click below for more information regarding:
- Reducing Junk Mail
- Curbside Recycling
- Multifamily Recycling
- Butte County Recycling Directory
- Beverage Container Recycling Locations
To report problems with a local beverage container recycler - Call CalRecycle toll free at 1-866-CANLOAD or 1-866-226-5623.
- YARD WASTE RECYCLING/COMPOST FACILITY
The Compost Facility is located on Cohasset Road, north of Eaton Road, and is open Tuesdays - Saturdays, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. For information, call 624-3529.
- Electronic Wastes (e-waste)
- Household Hazardous Waste
Household Hazardous Waste Facility is open 9 a.m.-1 p.m. on Fridays, and 9 a.m.-4 p.m. on Saturdays. For information, call toll free at 1-866-429-2288.
- Medical "Sharps" - Please note that it is illegal to throw used medical needles or "sharps" into the trash. Click here for where to locally dispose of "sharps".
- Pharmaceuticals and other legal prescriptions can also be taken to the Household Hazardus Waste Facility. More Information...
- Used Oil Recycling