CHECK BEFORE YOU LIGHT For today's air quality please visit http://bcaqmd.org/check-before-you-light/
Projects To Bid:
411 Main Street, 2nd Floor
Chico, CA 95928
P.O. Box 3420
Chico, CA 95927-3420
Office: (530) 879-6900
FAX: (530) 895-4731
Operations & Maintenance:
965 Fir Street
Chico, CA 95928
Office: (530) 894-4200
FAX: (530) 895-2634
965 Fir St
PO Box 3420
Chico, CA 95927
Office: (530) 896-7800
Click here for a listing of
City Employees by Department.
PUBLIC WORKS -
OPERATIONS AND MAINTENANCE
The former General Services Department which consisted of three divisions; Administration, Operations and Maintenance, and Park, are now part of the Public Works Department. However, the mission and goals of these divisions have remained as follows:
To protect and manage public resources for the enjoyment of the citizens of Chico, to maintain safe streets, storm drains, and facilities for public use, and to establish sustainable management techniques that ensure availability of fully functional and efficient infrastructure, facilities, parks, and greenways for future generations.
- Provide excellent customer service and satisfaction.
- Provide courteous professional services.
- Maintain and enhance Public Infrastructure and Recreation facilities
- Educate and inform the public of resource management goals and objectives.
- Work collaboratively across unit lines.
- Deliver projects and programs in a timely and cost effective manner.
This section of the Public Works Department has the responsibility for overall management and supervision of the Department’s personnel and resources. Some of the responsibilities of this Section include:
- Budget and Contract Administration
- Grants Administration
- Solid Waste and Recycling
- Public Works Department Sustainability programs
Operations and Maintenance
The Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Division is charged with maintaining and servicing the City’s streets, sanitary sewers, storm drains, traffic signals and lights, fleet and equipment, the Chico Municipal Airport and other public buildings and facilities. This Division is also responsible for the operation of the City’s Water Pollution Control Plant. The Division provides services in the following areas:
- Facilities Maintenance
- Fleet Maintenance
- Sewers-Storm Drains-Manholes
- Traffic Signals-Street Lights-Signs
- Street Sweeping-Leaf
- Water Pollution Control Plant
The Park Division is charged with the stewardship of Bidwell Park, Chico’s urban forest, various parks and playgrounds, and other public landscape areas. The Division provides service in the following areas: