411 Main Street
P.O. Box 3420
Chico, CA 95927-3420
Ph: (530) 879-6900
Fax: (530) 895-4899
For the Capital Project Services Department visit this link: CPSD
Building & Development Services
Welcome to Building & Development Services!
Our goal is to effectively process building and development projects through consistency and fairness using the City's Municipal Code, general design practices, and common interests of Chico citizens. The department includes Building, Development, Sewer/Storm Drain, and Traffic Engineering divisions that work together to ensure public infrastructure needs are met and that new development projects will continue to preserve public health, safety, and well being.
- Private Development Review and Processing
- Issuance of Building Permits
- General Permit Processing
- Geographical Information Systems and City mapping database.
- Sanitary Sewer Planning and Management of Fees
- Storm Drainage Master Planning and System Management
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention & Control
- Traffic Engineering, Planning, and Traffic Control Systems Maintenance
We are here to assist you with your questions and concerns. Please contact us.