411 Main Street, 2nd Floor
P.O. Box 3420
Chico, CA 95927
Phone: (530) 879-6700
Inspection Line: (530) 879-6799
Fax: (530) 895-4726
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
Submit Plans for Review:
8:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
Energy Conservation Retrofit Program (RECO)
Certificate List Online
- Certificates Sorted by Address
- Certificates Sorted by APN
- Informational Flyer
- Frequently Asked Questions
- List of City-certified Inspectors
- Transfer of Responsibility Agreement
The Building Division is responsible for activities related to the construction, remodeling, and demolition of buildings and structures. By reviewing building permit applications, issuing building and related permits, checking plans, and inspecting buildings and properties the Division can ensure compliance with applicable codes and ordinances. The Division is responsible for enforcing all applicable building, mechanical, energy, accessibility, plumbing, electrical and housing codes and laws adopted by the City and State to ensure a safe and habitable building environment.
Updated New Construction Building Permit Fees effective December 20 , 2016
Click on "City Fee Schedules" link in the blue box on the left of this page.
***FREE TRAINING OPPORTUNITY***
The Building Division will be hosting a 2016 CA Energy Code Update training on April 28th, 2017. Click here for details.
Please note: due to training on Friday, April 28th, morning inspections will not be available, and a limited number of inspections will be performed in the afternoon.
NEW 2016 CODE UPDATE
- Significant changes to California Codes:
- Log in to Permit Manager for the following online permit services:
- Apply for permits online
- Schedule an inspection
- Research existing permits from 1997 to Present
(Note: For older permits, you must visit the Building Division at 411 Main Street, Chico.)
- Check inspection results
- Was my inspection scheduled? Check the scheduled inspections list to see today's schedule (updated by 9:30am).
- Let us know if you have a code question. We will respond to all emails within three working days.
We want your input. Please let us know if you are able to easily access the information you were looking for, or if you have ideas or suggestions how we can make this a better experience.